About UCI Health
UCI Health has a devoted team of nationally regarded physicians and nurses, researchers and clinicians, educators and students united by a single calling — to advance individual and population health.
As the only university-based care provider in Orange County, our multifaceted organization is dedicated to the discovery of new medical frontiers, to the teaching of future healers and to the delivery of the finest, most compassionate evidence-based care.
UCI Health’s ability to discover and innovate — whether through basic, translational or clinical research, new teaching approaches, or establishing new and best practices to deliver exceptional healthcare — is the engine that powers our success.
Our numerous healthcare providers throughout Orange County apply the most advanced medical knowledge to ensure that our communities and their residents become healthier and stronger.
Our union of discovery, teaching and healing has enabled UCI Health to pioneer new therapies and techniques that have been adopted by institutions across the nation. It gives us the expertise to improve health and to diagnose and effectively treat the most common as well as the rarest conditions and diseases.
Most important, it means that you and your family have access to world-class compassionate care in your own community.
- UC Irvine School of Medicine, named one of the top U.S. medical schools for research by U.S. News & World Report, is where our groundbreaking research and clinical advances are imparted to the caregivers of tomorrow.
- UC Irvine Medical Center has been ranked among the nation's best hospitals by U.S. News & World Report — for 16 years and counting. We are also recognized in the top 50 U.S. medical centers for orthopedics and ear, nose and throat care.
- Our Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center is the only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center in Orange County and one of only 48 in the nation.
- UC Irvine Medical Center is Orange County's highest level adult and pediatric trauma center, as verified by the American College of Surgeons, the gold standard for U.S. trauma care. It means that we are the only medical center in Orange County that is fully equipped to treat life-threatening injuries to children and adults 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Our Comprehensive Stroke & Cerebrovascular Center is the first in Orange County to be certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by the nation's preeminent healthcare standard-setting organization.
- UCI Health received a sixth consecutive “A” grade in The Leapfrog Group’s Hospital Safety Grade, a measure of how well hospitals protect patients from errors, injuries and infections.
- UCI Health is home to the largest hospital in Orange County.